DescriptionPreparing innovative minds of the future
This group aims to be versatile in line with the discipline: there can be no physical objects without Mechanical Engineering! The group lays great emphasis on visualization, Continuum Mechanics and Rigid Mechanics, Machines and product realization. The core is built around these with a liberal dose of mathematics and modeling and simulation software. The core will also deal with manufacturing techniques of metals as well as plastics, Materials and measurements on materials.
The elective base is very wide to be proved the UG student with enough opportunity to experience the flavor of various Branches of Mechanical Engineering: thus there are elective sets in Automation and robotics, Automotive, Refrigeration and Airconditioning, Material analysis and selection, Manufacturing and costing etc. The practical side is heavily emphasized: lab experiments are designed in such a way as to pose a real life challenge to the students. In addition students are expected to visualize, design and manufacture a product of some utility which has an element of novelty or a new outlook or design factor or cost optimization in it.
Outcome: The ME major from this group will be an engineer who knows how to operate machines, design simple parts and products, select materials, optimize costs and be able to integrate other discipline into his products.
- To provide the students with a solid foundation in Mechanical Engineering
- To develop the students ability to analyse problems and provide competent solutions
- To encourage the students to think of creative and innovative solutions to the daily challenges of the job
- To expose the students to the emerging technologies and latest trends in the industry
- To help the students understand the code of conduct and ethics of their chosen field
Examination Pathway admissions through GAT (Upto 80% of Seats):
- Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th)