DescriptionPreparing innovative minds of the future
This group concerns itself with the generation, extraction, distribution and utilization of energy as well as the environmental impact of various types of energy. The core is built around Petrochemical & geological sources of energy, covering the extraction, storage refinement and utilization of these forms This aims at providing a basic grounding in Petroleum products, coal and natural gas. The group intends to design a middle layer of courses in energy measurement, efficiencies, wastage and energy audits. The core has an outer layer of renewable energies like solar, wind, hydro and fuel cell based energy generation. The electives are end use based! Thus there are sets of electives on energy audits, Oil and gas exploration and extraction, refining, solar energy, wind energy, Hydro energy. At the other end there are electives on energy audits, measurement, building design for energy efficiency and energy efficient transportation.
Experimentation includes scaled model implementation, energy audits of the University Kitchens and several lab based experiments which keep the student "hands on". Outcome: a student granted a major by this group will be able to assess energy needs, conduct audits and be able to work in Petrochemical as well as alternatives energy generation and T&D areas having had a basic exposure to these areas and based on the electives taken by him.
- To provide the students with a solid foundation in Computer Science
- To develop the students ability to analyse problems and provide competent solutions
- To encourage the students to think of creative and innovative solutions to the daily challenges of the job
- To expose the students to the emerging technologies and latest trends in the industry
- To help the students understand the code of conduct and ethics of their chosen field
Examination Pathway admissions through GAT (Upto 80% of Seats):
- Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th)