The Department of Civil Engineering strives to graduate highly qualified engineers, maintain nationally recognized research and provide quality professional and community service to the region and the world.DEPARTMENT MISSION
The mission of the Civil Engineering Department is to provide quality education with high professional and ethical standards to work in government and private organizations.
Our Motto is Think Global Act Local
The B.Tech. (Civil) programme delivers one degree: the Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering. However, the students are exposed to some differences in tracks. From 6th Semester, the program offers the students the opportunity for choosing a collection of five elective courses and five open elective courses from a proposed list of elective and open elective courses. The program curriculum currently counts 40 credits in elective and open elective courses that are listed in curriculum. These courses allow the students to achieve more depth in their preferred areas of concentration and some breadth in the various areas of civil engineering. The Graduation Projects and the summer internships will also provide opportunities for the students to focus on areas of specialization of their choice. However, in the degree awarded, only the civil engineering discipline is mentioned and no reference to track or specialization is included.TASKS OF THE MENTOR
Mentors are supposed to provide educational counseling for students. Their primary responsibility is to evaluate the student’s plan of study to ensure it will satisfy the college and university requirements while it meets the student's specific needs. To be effective, the mentor must recognize that each student has different abilities, interests, aspirations, needs, experience and problems so that his approach in dealing with students can be different from one to another.PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
The performance of any programme is evaluated based on the outcome of the graduates rather than outputs. The Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) formulated for the civil engineering programme are listed below;
- Technical knowledge : Possess a mastery of fundamental knowledge, problem solving skills, experimental abilities and design capabilities for advancing in their carrier.
- Professionalism: Practice the civil engineering profession and follow professional and ethical standards in executing civil engineering and multi-disciplinary projects on a global level.
- Self-Learning: Cope up with advanced technological social, economic, environmental changes thru life-long learning with effective team work, communication skill and leadership qualities.
- Surveying & Geoinformatic Lab
- Strength of Materials Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Hydraulic & Hydraulic Machine Lab
- Building Material & Construction Lab
- Structural Analysis Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab