Ph.D (Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee)
Assistant Professor (Department of Computer Science and Engineering)
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Master of Computer Applications
H.N.B. Garhwal University
Bachelors of Science (Computer Science)
H.N.B. Garhwal University
1.Assistant Professor, Glocal University (24 th August, 2015 to till now).
C, Operating Systems, Java, Unix with Shell Programming, Android Application Development
GNSS, Remote Sensing, GIS, Artificial Intelligence, LiDAR, Windows and Web Application
Programming, Android Programming.
Books/Chapters in Books:
1. Shoab, M. and Jain, K. (2015). “AI-Basics of Programming in Geo-sciences”. AI: Philosophy, Geoinformatics & Law. Faculty of Law and Administration at University of Silesia in Katowice, Poland, ISBN: 978-83-64611-88-9.
2. Shoab M., Jain K. and Shashi M. (2014), GIS Augmented Automatic Train Monitoring. International Journal of Computer Applications. Volume 104 No. 8, doi: 10.5120/18220-9301.
3. Shoab M., Jain K. and Shashi M. (2013), GNSS Based Real Time Train Monitoring: A Web Approach.International Journal of Computer Applications. Volume 73 No. 14, doi: 10.5120/12811-0125.
4. Shoab, M., Jain, K. and Shashi, M. (2013) Development and Implementation of Web Service for Logging and Retrieving Real Time Train Location Information. International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering. Volume 2 Issue 6.
5. Shoab M., Jain K. and Shashi M. (2014), Location Based Asset Management Application for Railway: AMS-R. 11 th Symposium on Location Based Services (LBS 2014), Vienna University of Technology,Vienna, Austria. Nov. 26 - 28.
6. Shoab M., Jain K. and Shashi M. (2013), Interactive Elevation Profile of GNSS Data with Integration of Google Earth. International Symposium on Global Navigation Satellite System 2013 (ISGNSS 2013),Istanbul, Turkey. Oct. 22 25.
7. Anulhaq, M., Jain, K., Shoab, M. and Menon, K. P. R. (2013) Estimation OF Terrestrial Water Storage Change in the Bhagirathi Ganga and Vishnu Ganga Basins using Satellite Gravimetry. IEEE GRSS 2013, Melbourne Australia . July 21 26.
8. Shoab, M., Jain, K., Shashi, M. and Anulhaq, M. (2013) Development of Field GIS Data Collection Tool for Smartphones. International Symposium on Mobile Mapping Technology 2013 (MMT 2013), Tainan City, Taiwan. May 1 - 3. (Best Student Paper)
9. Shoab, M., Jain, K., Shashi, M. and Anulhaq, M. (2013) Development and Implementation of NMEA Interpreter for Real Time GPS Data Logging. 3 rd IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC 2013), Ghaziabad, India. Feb 22 23.
10. Shoab, M., Jain, K., Shashi, M. and Anulhaq, M. (2012) Comparison between Smartphone GPS and Handheld GPS Location Information Data. Geomundus 2012, Lisbon, Portugal. November 9 10.
11. Anulhaq, M., Jain, K., Menon, K. P. R. and Shoab, M. (2012) Mapping of Gangotri Glacier Change by means of Hypsography. Geomundus 2012, Lisbon, Portugal. Nov 9 10.
12. Anulhaq, M., Jain, K., Shoab, M. and Menon, K. P. R. (2012) Analysis and Validation of Spaceborne LIDAR data for retrieval of Surface Elevation. Workshop on GIS and Remote Sensing for Rural and urban Development, Orissa Space Application Centre, Orrisa. Feb 03-04.
13. Shoab, M., Jain, K., Shashi, M. and Anulhaq, M. (2011) Web Enabled GPS Tracking Utility. Regional Conference on Geomatics for Good Governance 2011, Kashmir, Sep 13-14.
1.Trip Navigation and Analysis System (TNAS). (L-58169/2014)
MEMBER OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES & SERVICES
1.Indian Society of Remote Sensing, (ISRS), Dehradun. (Life member)
2.Indian Society of Geomatics, (ISG), Ahmedabad. (Life member)
3.International Global Navigation Satellite Systems Society (IGNSS). (Student Member)
4.IEEE. (Young Professional)
5.Class Representative in Civil Engineering Consortium, IIT Roorkee. (2012-2014)
GUEST/SPECIAL LACTURE DELIVERD
1.Lecture Delivered on Advance Surveying using 3D Laser Scanner and GNSS Technology in National Workshop on Industrial Measurement Techniques and Software Tools, 2014, Conducted by Shri Venkateshwara University, Gajraula, U. P., India.
2.Guest and lecture delivered on Advance Surveying using Total Station and GNSS Technology in National Workshop on Earth Observation Technologies and their Applications, 2014, Conducted by CMR College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad, India.
CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS & QIP ATTANDED
1.Attended India Geospatial Forum, 2015 at Hyderabad International Convention Center, Hyderabad, India.
2.Attended workshop on Open GIS and Modern Webmapping in 2014 at Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria.
3.Attended FARO 3D User Conference 2014, New Delhi India.
4.Attended MMT 8th The International Summer School on Mobile Mapping Technology 2013, National Chang Kung University, Tainan City, Taiwan.
5.Participated in a short term course on Advance Geoinformation System, conducted by Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
6.Participated in a short term training course on Prediction and Mitigation of Climate Change Impacts using Space and Agrometerology Based Techniques, sponsored by Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, organized by Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
7.Attended 12 th ESRI User Conference 2011, New Delhi India.
Mr. Mohd. Shoab is an assistant professor of Glocal School of Technology. He has submitted his PhD thesis in Geomatics Engineering Group in Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee and waiting for final defense. His thesis topic is Knowledge Based Train Navigation System, in which he developed an integrated system for trains, level crossings, signals and station master to control the movement of trains without any human intervention. His Research focuses primarily on: Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) and Communication Network.
He has a Masters of Computer Applications and Graduation in Science from HNB Garhwal University. He has a technical knowledge of building Windows, Android, Web and Web GIS applications. He has registered one software copyrights during his Ph.D tenure and published several research papers in various journals and conferences in India and Oversees also. He won best paper award in 8th International Symposium on Mobile Mapping Technology, 2013, Taiwan.